Friday, September 5, 2008

Welcome to the Jackson Jaws BLOG!

We were told that blogging is out and Podcasting is in, but sometimes I am a little behind in the times. Plus, if you know anything about Podcasting, you know it is a recording of a voice. I would rather see my typos than hear my voice!

I figured this would be a great way to interact and provide updates. This is a good option for me since I can do this from home and only have to provide the link once on the webpage! Feel free to add comments and questions you may have! This is as much for you the parents, as it is for the children. I think I may have to do a little treasure hunt or some kind of prize winning question to see if any of you are actually reading this!


In the news for our classroom:
Jaws the Shark has left our classroom to swim around on his first adventure away from home. I hope that he finds his adventure to be so inspiring that he writes about it in his journal. I cannot wait to hear how the weekend went and how Colton enjoyed taking him home.

When it is your child's week to be student of the week, you will find that a canvas bag filled with Jaws, his journal, and a student of the week poster will be given to your child. Please help your child fill out all the critical ins and outs, adding pictures where necessary. Take Jaws around the house to explore or for a more adventerous event, find something exciting your child is already doing in which Jaws can tag along. Take pictures of Jaws with your child to add to the journal if you are able to. Let your child write for Jaws all about his great weekend trip in his journal and return everything the following Monday!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Awesome! I think this is a wonderful way for parents to check out what's happening in the classroom. I personally love blogging & am excited about this!

I have a blog design business & would love to create a cute Jackson Jaws header for the class blog... Just let me know & I will get started on it for you!

Thanks for all you do!

Anonymous said...

I don't know who told you blogging is out. I get to blog every week in my Advanced Computer Technology class as part of my grade in college. We are going to learn how to podcast too, however, blogging is good for the brain. It helps us with our writing skills and 4th graders definitely need this.