Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Blog Logo and such

Did you like our blog logo? Thank you to Payton's mother for graciously donating her time and creativity in creating our new blog logo! I absolutely love it! I hope you do too . . .

Jaws, the shark, is off again to visit with Breanna. We are awaiting his return to hear all about his adventures with her. He seemed to have quite an exciting time at Colton's the weekend before. Apparently, he barely escaped the oven. Oh no! I cannot begin to imagine what Jaws must have thought in that steamy oven! He must have had fun, though, because he did ask if he would be able to visit with him again.

We are keeping busy studying about matter in science still. Speaking of which, did you find the answer to last week's question? Faith was the first to come up with an answer. She found out that Pyrokrete was not very fond of the tropical climate. Pyrokrete, being made partially from ice, would melt in those hot places! Good job, Faith!

Are you practicing your multiplication facts? Remember that quizzes will be given randomly in the next few weeks. Our first one is this Friday over 0-2's! Be sure you are studying! Here is a fun game I found to help you study. It will give you the product. You must find the two factors on the board that gives you the product. Try to clear the board. Try to beat my score of 400. I was playing late at night! I think you can do it.

http://weeklyreader.com/kids/games/multiply.asp

Here is your next challenge. Three days of every week I have been giving you a journal entry in the morning. I post a starter to get you started. Click on the "Comment" at the bottom to add a starter for my next blog entry. You can choose to leave your name by selecting "Name/URL" Don't worry about filling in the URL, just type your name! I will pick the most unique starter to start the next blog! Good luck! Be creative. . .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder...
School is...

Anonymous said...

If I could _______, I would ...
If I could change places with ...

Anonymous said...

If I could become an animal of any kind...

Payton