Tuesday, September 23, 2008

READ (verb)

Main Entry: read
Pronunciation: \ˈrēd\
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): read \ˈred\ ; read·ing \ˈrē-diŋ\
intransitive verb
1 a: to perform the act of reading words : read something b (1): to learn something by reading
transitive verb
1a: to learn from what one has seen or found in writing or printingd (b): to become acquainted with or look over the contents of


Daily 5 is in full swing. We have been practicing the fine art of reading to oneself these last few weeks. Yesterday novels were handed out. As you read your new novel I hope that you find you become acquainted with characters found in the book. Part of reading is identifying and connecting with events. My hope for you is that you enjoy the books, but learn from them on a deeper level. Enjoy this clip of your first day of truely putting to use "Read to Self" with our first Discussion Group novel. I can't wait to get you started on the actual "discussion" part!






By the way, I want to praise you for your efforts on staying glued to your reading! I am so proud of each of my readers!

No comments: